View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 10:20 PM   #209 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuda47 View Post
=> There is not really a comparaison to do with the 2cv.
Even comparing the 2CV to other vehicles of the same era, such as the Renault 4CV, the VW Beetle or the Ford Prefect, is quite hard. Even if we look simply at the role as an entry-level car, disconsidering major differences, the 2CV seems farther to have been successfully replaced than most of its contenders. And even though it was never so popular in Brazil as it used to be in Argentina, I honestly believe it's a smarter design than the Beetle, despite the engine size not leading to a fair comparison (becoming somewhat disadvantageous to the 2CV as an overall commuter for a family that couldn't afford to own a more powerful car along the 2CV and had to rely on it even for road trips). In 2012 I saw a white 2CV (officially renamed 3CV in Argentina when the 602cc engine became available) on a roadside gas station halfway from my hometown Porto Alegre to Florianópolis, and its owner told me he had been on the route from Patagonia to Florianópolis. Reliability of the 2CV/3CV doesn't require an introduction...