Thread: Tesla Model 3
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 02:51 PM   #959 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I just don't see an EV failing to operate under its own power unless it was involved in a wreck or some other unlikely failure. I wouldn't want to pay to have it towed 100 miles, but then again it would be a minor expense compared to whatever repairs it would require at that point.

I've got a trailer capable of car hauling, so this is a moot point for me.

For cars that can operate under their own power, it's a minor expense to send someone out to pick it up while dropping off the loaner. Enterprise car rentals does this. They used to pay my sister next to nothing to drive a car out to a customer. I think she had to take a taxi back.

My point is that Tesla owners love the Tesla method because the cost is covered under warranty. They might not be so pleased when they have to pay out of pocket and they don't get a free loaner.

Tesla's method works when because they are small company selling expensive cars. I doubt it will work so well when they have millions of cars in the field.

The only Tesla service center in the state of Oregon is located in Portland. How much do you think it costs just for transport to service a car in Bend?
The Following User Says Thank You to JSH For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-06-2019)