View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 04:56 PM   #5332 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 47.72 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
The facts I present show the wellbeing of humans increasing in every significant and measurable way. Correlation does not equal causation, but it's still not something to be ignored. It's not useful to talk only of the negative aspects of something when there are plenty of relevant positive aspects of something.

I could easily talk only about the way in which my wife has placed a burden on my life and that would paint a certain picture of her and how it impacts me. If I don't talk about the many benefits of the marriage, then it doesn't reflect reality.
I think it is fairly obvious that an abundance of energy is what enables much of our progress.
That the energy is often derived by burning fossil fuels is a given, but is not essential, as the Nordic countries prove.

CO2 does not improve well-being.
Solving problems with power driven technology does.

Where the power comes from does not influence the result - unless the power source becomes a problem in itself, like by the pollution it causes.

If all the ice melts we'll get at least 60 meters of sea level rise, and it could happen in a few hundred years. Coral reefs can't cope with that rise and die... But coral will find new rooting on the remains of coastal metropolises.
This all will come at a cost to us.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 03-07-2019 at 05:06 PM..