View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 12:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassintime14 View Post
The use case for me is pretty much for a daily driver and for taking to auto crossing In the following months hopefully.

According to Mitsu's press release "These aero enhancements help the 2017 Mirage achieve a very low coefficient of drag at only 0.27 (Cd)."

The projects I've liked are are the partial kammback on that geo metro hatch, and some of the air dams you guys have created.

The Capstone is to prove that me, and my team can follow the engineering design process. I'm fine with using tried and true designs since it will be a bit easier.

For a front splitter, I'm becoming a fan of this one from

Attachment 25608

Attachment 25609

Making some fans to act as a rear diffuser would be probably easy to model and produce.
I'd recommend against the splitter.They're only for downforce,and that's not an issue at posted legal speeds.They work against fuel economy.
Ferrari spent an easy $100,000 developing tuned suction fans,ducting,and ejector nozzles for the rear of one of their models.
Without hundreds of iterations in either a full-scale wind tunnel, or industry-grade CFD,I don't know how you could possibly arrive at a working solution.
A 2.8-degree,or 4-degree diffuser,depending on where you begin the up-sweep would be a 'proven',no guesswork solution.