View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 03:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Quote:
I'm thinking of making something of an in between, i agree that splitter is awfully aggressive for a car like mine. I'm thinking of just making it a round half the size of that one.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=infinity+wing+splitter

Quote:
The mirage's ground clearance is 6.3in stock, leaving me in the end with 2.3 in of scrape clearance
My Superbeetle looked really good with the adjustable struts and 50-series tires, but I had to lift it to 3.5" to clear 90% of speed bumps. If you have a tow hook or something that makes one side lower than the other, approach at an angle at enough speed the car rolls side-to-side at just the right time.

Ground strikes at freeway speeds happen at bridge aprons.

Quote:
I'm doing a capstone project for my CADD engineering class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead
Without hundreds of iterations in either a full-scale wind tunnel, or industry-grade CFD,I don't know how you could possibly arrive at a working solution.
If your looking forward into an advancing state of the art for CFD, follow OpenVDB.

This is currently implemented in Maya and Blender and other applications. Watch for CFD animations that use it. I used to use a knowledgebase to edit file directory structures, so I'm familiar with sparsely populated, shallow inverted B-trees so I understand the advance it makes. Using the application toolchain is apparently above my pay grade. Good luck.