View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 10:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
ksa8907
Master EcoModder

Volt, gas only - '12 Chevrolet Volt Premium
90 day: 38.02 mpg (US)

Volt, electric only - '12 Chevrolet Volt Premium
90 day: 132.26 mpg (US)

Yukon Denali Hybrid - '12 GMC Yukon Denali Hybrid
90 day: 21.48 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor95 View Post
I really like ecomodder--it has helped me a lot. I've toyed with the idea of buying a scangauge for a while now. I suppose that should be the next thing I buy. It is hard to see the difference in some mods with the normal variations in tanks. For example, last tank I got over 17 mpg, but this one it looks like I will get at least 19 mpg (though it is warmer outside). I did see an improvement with the throttle body and CAI, but like you are implying, it is hard to know without the scangauge.

My tires I run at 34 psi. I've seen a lot of people recommending to run them at max psi, but is no one worried about uneven tire wear? Although the max psi on my tires is 60 psi... I'm not sure if I want to have them that high. My tires are getting old though so I will try bumping it up a little. I do take my larger tires into consideration... I need to multiply my miles by 1.04 for an accurate reading.

Hopefully I have a scangauge before I install the fuel filter. Most people here value mods when they are validated with a scangauge.
Regarding uneven wear, I would make ththe bold statement that it is irrelevant of tire pressure. Irregular to me means cupping, etc.

Low pressures have a tendency to wear out the shoulder of the tire and cause excessive heating of the sidewall eventually leading to separation and complete failure.

High pressure has a tendency to wear the center of the tread, reduce traction, and cause a harsh ride.

CAVEAT:
What is low pressure and what is high pressure? Well that lovely question depends on what you're trying to hold off the ground with the air in the tire and what size of tire, how much air you're using.

Very heavy vehicles have larger tires because they require more air to provide enough force to resist the downward force from the vehicle. Likewise for smaller vehicles.

You mention you have larger than stock tires. What is the max load rating of your tires and how heavy is your jeep?