View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 11:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
EcoCivic
Master EcoModder

I am almost done with the conversion. I will upload pictures as soon as I have time. I got a wiring harness from a buddy and I installed the harness. I needed to cut the harness and extend 8 wires total. I needed to extend the 6 wires for the torque sensor, as well as the 2 large cables that go to the motor. I made the wires a bit long, better to have a bit of extra length than have it too short.

Then I hooked up the VSS, RPM, and key on power to the module. I cut the harness to add the RPM and VSS wires on the car's harness rather than the engine's harness so I don't have to redo any wiring if I need to replace my engine harness again or when I K swap.

Then what I did is since I wanted to test it but I didn't have a long cable to connect the main power to the fusebox is I put an extra battery on the floor and connected the power and ground to the harness with jumper cables to test it. It worked! I didn't drive it with the assist working since I didn't have a way to power it, but it worked and it felt good.

So tomorrow I am going to get enough 8 gauge power cable to connect power to the EPS module and see how it drives. I will report back as soon as I am able to drive it with the EPS working