View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 02:42 PM   #24 (permalink)
Shaneajanderson
Redneck Ecomodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinooo9 View Post
A tonneau cover will give you a solid 1-1.5mpg and if very affordable with great utility depending on what you use the bed for. A fellow on here has a 2000 f350 getting 26-27mpg and I've messaged him a few times and scowered google/ here to death.

Driver input and aerodynamics are the key with pickups.

tonneau cover-solid 1-1.5mpg, custom made aerocap/aeroshell easily 2-3mpg with a couple diy mods on the 65+ efficiency mods section. Air dam and side skirts will offer a good improvement but can reduce the utility of a pickup and not attract the dozen raised eyebrows when you pull up to a stop sign.

I ended up sticking with a tonneau cover for now because of how I use the truck and the long winters have prevented me from an effeftive air dam. My brother is looking into fabbing me a light cutom aerocap with either canvas or hard panels but that's a little in the future.

I've switched all to synthetic and saw zero improvement, added an intake, exhaust, and tuner and it helped ever so slightly and I mean ever.... look up bigdave on here and he has a ton of stuff for pickups he tested and posted results etc.
I'll look up big Dave. I'm going to do removeable air dam and skirts. Already axed the intake resonator, and it came with a glasspack dual exhaust setup, and I'm planning to axe some other exhaust parts (wink, wink) soon