View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 11:19 PM   #218 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,628 Times in 1,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant-53 View Post
When the 5 children were still at home the V6 minivan made sense. Now a 4 cylinder sedan is sufficient for trips up to 600 miles per day.
I'm single but I wouldn't disconsider getting a compact minivan, as they have a more useful interior space compared to sedans within the same footprint. No wonder the Chevrolet Spin is a favorite among taxi drivers in Brazil...

Quote:
Don't assume you have to buy a car or truck because that is what everyone else is doing. Analyze you own needs and then choose wisely.
If I didn't have a dog I could be served just right by a motorcycle between 125 to 250cc. I know it would be possible to haul my dog on a motorcycle, but honestly I don't feel confident to do so, plus it would limit the amount of luggage I could carry along on a longer trip. And even though I've always been interested about cars, nowadays I'd much rather convert a motorcycle (most likely below 200cc) into a tricycle and call it a day, as it would be able to match 99.9% of my requirements for a motor vehicle. I've already done the math, and under some circumstances a single-cylinder motorcycle engine might do the same job as some 4-cyl car engines with a displacement about 4 times bigger.