View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 11:51 AM   #49 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
I don't like to use this argument, but USA crime rate are mostly committed by black people, near 50% of crimes despite they represent 15% of population. And nobody is hungry on USA. After many social politics things didn't changed. Some scientists start to concern about a criminal genes or genes have higher prevalence on afro descendents. But this is a forbiden thematic, since can be used by raciswt peope and distort it and generalize to all black people instead of treat people as individuals or lead white nationalists to get power demanding a new apartheid or somewthing like. The point is that nobody wants to study iot, since any scientist who dare say smething can have the career burned as political correctness of today preachs everyone is equal and considers a herezy any deviation from that.

Your graphic let puzzled about old west... I imagined it was one of the most violent times of USA...
Is this graphic (third one) the homicide rate per 100.000 habitants or the total number of homicide?
Wasn't old west gunshot duels on streets considered a homicide?
I'm for genetic study that attempts to understand how behavior is influenced by it. That said, I don't believe genetics has much to do with black crime rate. There was much less black crime back when children were raised with 2 parents; back when real institutional racism was in effect such as segregated facilities.

When you compare crime and poverty statistics among people from single parent white families with single parent black families, they begin to look very similar.

My best guess for the differing statistics is culture. Same reason why the US has a higher homicide rate than England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Show me how somebody can kill 50 people using a baseball bats or screwdrivers, hammers, knife...

Guns are a problem in wrong hands, and USA laws are a crap in terms of avoid crazy or evil people to buy guns. And I'm not that much against guns as my comments may appear, but I'm very against guns for evil or crazy people. And I have to remamber there are people that aren't exactly evil or crazy, but that can have moments of crazyness or deep anger or rage.

Why ant gun teachers are more dangerous??
You just listed a bunch of fairly benign things. You could have asked how people can kill with jello, or styrofoam, or pillows. What about vehicles, explosives, poisons, infectious diseases...

There's no way to stop terrorism unless you can obtain prior knowledge of people suspected to be involved in terrorist activities. To do that, they either have to be sloppy, or have a secret agent imbedded in their group.

I agree that US laws are too relaxed for gun ownership. We require a demonstration of proficiency and knowledge of laws to drive a vehicle, but not to purchase a firearm. As I've been saying, people should not be allowed to possess a firearm unless they have obtained a permit, showing basic proficiency in handling and passing a written exam. The NRA should probably administer the testing, as it's in their best interest to develop a robust testing methodology.

... and firearms instructors are more dangerous. If I were to get into a gun battle with an instructor, I'd probably be killed 9 times out of 10.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
RedDevil (03-19-2019)