View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 06:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Keito
EcoModding Lurker

I have a 2017 Fusion Sport with the 2.7 Twin Turbo, I had Unleashed tuning write me an MPG tune for the winter, the tuning "special" I purchased came with 2 free tunes.
The biggest difference I see is the shift points are drastically lower, maybe a little too low. Stock the car has 325 hp and 380 ft lbs of torque so it has no issue getting the car moving.
Before the tune my car would ALWAYS rev between 2500-3000 regardless how much throttle input there was, even accelerating 1/4 pedal down hill it would rev to 3000 before it upshifts. It would NEVER shift into 5th under 40 MPH, now it shifts under 2000 rpm's and has no problem shifting into 6th at 45, which unfortunately will result in the dreaded drivetrain growl. This tune has returned roughly 26 MPG's which is what I normally see in the summer. I'm expecting high 20's, possibly 30 mpg's this summer, I bought the Tuner during the black Friday sale so I've only been running it about 4 months.
I remote start the car twice a day now, I can see reducing the warm up time and warmer weather returning much better MPG's than what I'm getting now.