View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 11:58 AM   #318 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 47.72 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix'97 View Post
I do, proudly, change the oil in my car, every 3 months. I do replace filters, even the fuel filter every 2 years. I have been forced to take apart my exhaust system, my coolant system, and my ignition system! It helps me actually develop a bond with my car rather than merely owning it.

The average consumer won't even change their engine oil or add engine oil but never change the oil filter. Hell, some people constantly run their engines and/or fuel tanks, empty, and yet wonder why the engine suffered a mechanical failure! Or, it could be both with such neglect! Excuse me if it offends you that I find it humorous that the average consumer will take the time to make sure their EV is fully charged and pre-heated before a trip in the cold during winter time. An EV is more of a California car in my honest to God opinion! It's not a matter of not embracing new technology, it's a matter of not seeing the practical use of such new technology in areas where I live and where I see it will pose problems! God forbid a household is out of power for too long, your EV needs it's charge! Ooopsie! Good thing I have an ICE vehicle!
Road assistance services pull back all requests for days off when a serious cold spell is announced to help out all those ICEicles that won't start... EVs lose some range in the cold but do always start.

You like to work on your car. It is your hobby, that's fine. But don't expect everyone else to share that hobby.
My hobby is more or less to max fuel savings, and an EV is the ultimate fuel saver.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.