View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 10:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
My hunch is there will be an economic downturn not too far off, and when that happens housing will stagnate at best, and decline a bit at worse. I've never hired a contractor before, but I imagine bids for jobs are priced lower when people don't have enough work to stay busy.

So, if my hunch about the economy is correct (probably not since predicting the future is difficult), then I'd like to not be in too much on a house now so that I can start another project later on; perhaps our long-term home. The price on this project is negotiable, so if the numbers look favorable, I'd like to pick it up.

Not too many homes show up on the market in this small town, and when they do they go fairly quickly and sell for a bit more than other towns in Oregon.

Today I also asked for soil and engineering info on the hillside property that I'm interested in. Gotta start taking first steps in the various housing options that appeal to me so I can quickly determine to either forget about them, or proceed to next steps.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
freebeard (03-26-2019)