View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 03:39 PM   #5485 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Quote:
I thought the lounge didn't allow political discussion. This is 500+pages of pure politics. It's also religious to many as well.
You just now noticed? The Lounge is like a refuge from the social media jungle. We're nice here.

Quote:
My thoughts, we will use oil, coal, and natural gas until they are depleted or extremely difficult to extract. Then we will go nuclear powered. Other forms of energy will remain similar in their contributions as a percentage. They will improve and grow but never to meet ever increasing demand. This all will take 100 years.
No we're there now. It's not the 1970s anymore.

In Episode 473, Scott Adams has suggested that to break the impasse with North Korea we offer to help them convert from a nuclear weapons program to a 4th Gen nuclear experimental testbed.

They get an "offramp" for their weapons program that they shouldn't need anymore, and we get one less adversary and a way around the legal restrictions on doing it on our own soil.

My thoughts: Adversarial Generative AI could find the 'least work' path to reducing demand.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-30-2019)