View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 07:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
stcyrwm
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
Pivot is simple: 2 parallel rods of what ever height is needed set up as a parallel ogram on each side. The swing is a very flat upside down "U" and ending point is the same height as the start. The length of the rods determines the horizontal offset and incidentally the apogee of the swing. Like a swing out shelf on a fishing tackle box.
I know, I know - I have thought about that a lot. It all seems so simple and I guess, really it is except that there are so many other factors like sealing it all while traveling and while it is in position. How to do the bottom slideouts on each end and then seal and support those in alignment with the lifted units etc.

Part of me would love to take on the challenge just for the fun of it and part of me wonders how much I would regret it, haha. My guess, from what I have read is that there probably is no more fuel efficient design than some kind of pop up so this keeps coming back to me. And then of course there is also the alternative to just buy a used one but that would be way less fun, grin.

Either way, it is fun to ponder and I do appreciate the encouragement.

Bill