View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 11:37 AM   #380 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,393 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
Or building out new efficiency upgrades to all big infrastructure, transportation, energy, agriculture. Or supporting education. Or guiding market forces with a long view of human well being.
Protection of the commons is another federal responsibility, but education has nothing to do with the feds.

Why people think the most effective way to attend to personal\local problems is to apply the most removed resources is beyond me. Most every federal government agency has been created to address a specific problem, and have failed to do so. The DoE was created to reduce foreign oil dependence, and failed in almost every one of those 4 decades except for those years in which oil prices were high and domestic fracking boomed, which had nothing to do with DoE. What did we get for our $28,000,000,000 per year? How much smarter our the children now that an arbitrary federal test is mandatory to pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
Have you been in a ghetto there lately? Everything but the label.
Good thing slaves aren't alive today, or they would find that to be incredibly offensive.

I'd give you $20 to walk around telling everyone living there that they are slaves.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!