View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 12:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
WaxyChicken
Nomadic Chicken

AH HA! i can do home-built cars in my state.
cost: $50 + inspection + $5 for application fee.

Now i just have to learn what inspectors will look for, then draw up a plan, then get some money, then buy some parts, then goof my first try, then re-evaluate my design, then repeat steps 2 through 4 about 3 times, then insure it tempararily to transport it to the DMV (or MVD as it's called in this mixed up state) and hope i have everything covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona MVD View Post
It started with an idea. Next came long nights waiting for parts and toiling in the garage. Finally, your masterpiece is complete. Now it's time to let the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) have a look.

A custom-built car is subject to the same registration and title fees as any other vehicle (see below), but an inspection of the vehicle will also be needed to ensure that it is safe for use on the open road and that none of its parts were stolen. To find an inspection office near you, call the MVD Customer Service Call Center at (602) 255-0072 (Phoenix), (520) 629-9809 (Tucson), or (800) 251-5866 (rest of Arizona). Most inspections carry a fee of $50.

At the inspection, you may be asked to produce bills of sale or receipts for all the component parts you used to assemble your creation. If your vehicle needs to be issued a special serial number, you can fill out an application and pay an additional $5.
LINK