View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 10:11 AM   #25 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kach22i View Post
Yes Pickups and RWD vans are inherently unstable, but being the owner of both at one time, aerodynamic modification can overcome much of this and the newer trucks are far more stable than the old ones - aero being one of the major reasons why.

The Chinese made tow hitch and stabilization anti-sway hitch a friend used on his very long restored Airstream almost killed him and his wife when they ended up in a ditch. So yes, any repair or replacement of parts with substandard ones come with certain risks.

Recent thread in another forum on a Boler trailer restoration. It's so cute that I cannot imagine a couple of people or small family needing more.
My Fiberglass Camper Restoration - Pelican Parts Forums

I can see a 4-foot semi-conical cavity box being added to the tail of something like this.

If the belly pan part was left out, it could act as a rear porch or semi-sheltered storage area.

Grafting on some foam and fiberglass to a fiberglass camper has got to be one of the easier solutions.

Aero won’t overcome Center-of-Gravity issues. Tripping hazards. A lowered floor van with fully independent suspension gets most of the way.
The Following User Says Thank You to slowmover For This Useful Post:
aerohead (04-06-2019)