View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 04:22 PM   #5565 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
I don't blame anyone for inequality, just as I don't blame Michael Jordan for being unequally superior at basketball than me. I've never been one to envy much, and have found the most contentment in situations where I had the least (childhood, prison, young adult).

To answer your question about how teachers could be unequally represented in party affiliation is because party affiliation is associated with temperamental traits. Certain temperamental traits are more likely to choose certain professions.

You've implied that certain political contributors are detestable due to their political contributions, and I don't necessarily disagree, but the flip side is also true.

Teachers unions are among the highest political contributors and most likely to strictly stick to 1 political party. Unions are paid by the people they represent, in this case the teachers. If teachers were evenly divided in their political affiliation, they would not allow the union that supposedly represents them to spend 99.9% of their vast political contributions to a single political party.

https://www.opensecrets.org/industri....php?ind=L1300

Quote:
Teachers unions have steadily amped up their political involvement: From 2004 to 2016, their donations grew from $4.3 million to more than $32 million -- an all-time high. Even more than most labor unions, they have little use for Republicans, giving Democrats at least 94 percent of the funds they contributed to candidates and parties since as far back as 1990, where our data begins.

Two organizations account for practically all of the contributions made by teachers unions: The National Education Association (about $20 million in 2016) and the American Federation of Teachers (almost $12 million). Both groups -- which compete for members, but also collaborate with each other through the NEA-AFT Partnership -- are consistently among the organizations that contribute the most money to candidates and political groups.
I expect youth to have liberal leanings because youth is where creativity mostly is. Their lack of experience leaves the mind to be more adaptable to new ideas, and not trust the established way of things. Most new ideas are bad ideas; after all there is an unlimited number of possible ideas, but good ones are rare. Youth are more accepting of risk in this regard.

Conservatives tend to be older as they have established effective ways to do things and are less creative, and are more risk averse.

In that respect, I see that youth and liberal teachers tend to be more compatible.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 04-08-2019 at 05:30 PM..