View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 03:42 AM   #22 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,388 Times in 3,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Well, gentlemans... if your father kills my pet dog, I will not charge you for your father's crime when he passed away.
But if your father died during sue process and you inherit his wealth, his home, bank account etc..., maybe I have some right to charge his patrymony and demand some indenization.
Sure if the matter is in the process of being settled when he dies, or very shortly thereafter, then it makes sense to collect the debt. I don't know when the cutoff is, but it's certainly not decades to centuries.

Quote:
If you found today that your grandpa was a victim of a untold experiment, like when USA government give food with radiation to test the effects of radiation in humans in the 50's, and as consequence he died young and let your granma in difficult situation, you would sue USA government for the damage they did to your family.
I would not sue the government. His suffering has nothing to do with me. The damage is already too far removed at that point. Money won't right that wrong, and giving it to me certainly won't help anything. People that get compensated don't feel better anyhow.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!