View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 12:16 PM   #84 (permalink)
19bonestock88
Master EcoModder

IGL - '04 Saturn Ion
Team Saturn
90 day: 56.19 mpg (US)
I haven’t stopped thinking about cars, just haven’t been actively searching... I’m half torn between a Prius and something more powerful... my city is extremely hilly and even though my car has about 150hp, it can feel absolutely gutless on hills...

I could get a 2.4L Chevy Malibu or Saturn Aura and install the Eaton supercharger from my Ion Redline and time for it. Prob would end up at 200-220whp(right at the limit of what it’s trans could take reliably) with little mileage penalty given a proper tune...

I could try and find a Nissan Altima with the manual transmission, either with the QR25 or the VQ35 engine, I suspect either would be enough, though the VQ would use more fuel while being more fun...

While I did also consider a K24/manual Accord, someone also suggested to me a third gen Acura TL, which is Accord based but uses the J series V6(either J32 or J35), though with the Acura I’d have to get a high mileage example and hope it held up, I’m not shelling out $15k for a 2008 anything...

Would a Prius handle heavy loading/steep hills very well? I don’t want it to be worse than my Saturn...

My last Ecotec project...