Thread: Stupid Taxes
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 04:09 AM   #31 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I have found it invaluable to understand people's motivations, but despite my dating experience, I do not feel that I have enough of an abnormal psychology background to fully understand why certain root vegetables do what they do. It appears that El Don collects attention, money, and power for the purpose of Making America Greater [for the rich].

Adam, he who Ruins Everything, taught us that the wall would work 0% of the time because people immigrate illegally by plane 40% of the time.

I saw a post with three real ways to improve immigration, first, hire more judges because detainees wait up to two years to see a judge. According to ICE’s fiscal year 2018 budget, on average it costs $133.99 a day to maintain one adult detention bed, $97,812.70 for 730 days. For how many days could an immigration court run on almost $100,000? How many cases could they see in that time?

"Currently, there are approximately 350 immigration judges." "There are currently 733,365 pending immigration cases which means that the average immigration judge would have a backlog of over 2,000 cases."

Quote:
Congress has failed to adequately fund the immigration court system as it has dramatically ramped up immigration enforcement, the case backlog continues to grow. The average wait time for a case to be heard is 721 days, about two years; with wait times in San Antonio, Chicago, Imperial, CA, Denver, and Arlington, VA averaging over 1,400 days (almost four years) as of June 2018.
https://immigrationforum.org/article...ration-courts/

Weird, that original source quoted four sources, ICE, "Immigration groups," say an adult bed costs closer to $200 a night (and $146,000 for two years), DHS, which says it costs $319 to keep a mother and children together, and Health and Human Services, which says it costs $775 per night for children separated from their parents.

Second, they recommend expanding U.S. Refugee Resettlement program to also provide services to asylum-seekers. The third recommendation was to provide humanitarian aid for food, education, and health care, instead of security, and they pointed out that Nicaragua is the second-poorest country in the area, but has fewer people fleeing.

Nicaragua has a lower murder rate than its neighbors.