Thread: Stupid Taxes
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 05:13 PM   #33 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,178 Times in 807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Why not both? You have a fair point, but that's why the qualifier is 'adequate'. It doesn't have to be impermeable, but just channel movement toward the legal points of entry. The 'big beautiful door'.

No. The idea comes from his predecessor[s]. Like those cages for children.

Thanks for mentioning the building fire. I'm in awe of the 500 firefighters who ran toward that pyre.

This morning I was thinking again about subsonic drones to kill brush fires with sound. It occurred to me that the main rotors of a quadcopter could flutter at ~20-100hz and it wouldn't affect the lift, it would just require fast pitch control. Add tanks of foaming flame retardant for weight so the rotors have something to work against.
The aerial fire attack would have worked great with helicopters which is the main way aerial firefighting is done. Everyone just acted like the planes are the only way to bomb a fire and of course that may not have gone so well. Helicopters bagging right out of the nearby river would have done much better than fireman standing by for hours waiting to even attempt a direct attack. Still would have been terrible.

Personally if my house gets that involved I'd rather it just fully burn to the ground to ease in cleanup, but I don't live in a 900 year old stone and timber cathedral. It's a 70+ year old log cabin at heart built by a sheephearder so nobody would be sad but me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hersbird For This Useful Post:
freebeard (04-17-2019), roosterk0031 (04-18-2019)