Thread: Tesla Model Y
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 02:19 PM   #147 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
Yes, here is how it goes down...
After conquering 14 steps on the phone tree and waiting 40 mins on hold.
Yes, I'd like to order a standard Tesla...
Certainly sir, that will be $40,500.
No, I mean the one that's $35,000 plus $1200 destination.
I'm sorry sir I don't see that one on the webpage...
Neither did I that's why I'm calling you.
I do see a SR+ ready for delivery in your area and I'm prepared to offer you that car today for $40,500, you realize with a tax and gas savings it basically costs less than $35,000...
No, I just want the $35,000 car.
I understand sir, I'm going to have to transfer you to my supervisor...
20 more mins on hold...
Repeat same conversation...
Mysteriously get cut off on the 3rd transfer.

Like I said, it will be the same as cancelling your full cable bundle and getting internet only.
You would have to find the phone number first. Tesla's "contact us" page does not list a phone number for anything except roadside assistance.

I suspect it would go like this:
Customer: Hello, I would like to order a Standard Model 3 for $35,000

Tesla: I'm sorry sir but the delivery time for the $35,000 Model 3 is 18 months. Would you like to order the Standard 3 Plus for only $39,500? We can deliver it is 2 weeks.

Customer: No thanks, I would like to order the $35,000 Model 3.

Tesla: OK, we will add you to the reservation list. That will be $2,500 and we will notify you when it is time to configure your car.

Then somehow you will never make it to the top of the list but Tesla will call every week or so to see if you would like to order the Standard Plus with a 2 week delivery.

Side Note: After visiting the Model 3 sales page to see if there is a number to call I've noticed you can order today for delivery in 2 weeks. What happened to all those reservations?