View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 09:10 AM   #44 (permalink)
Fat Charlie
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
If Mom can't get out to get gas, what does she need gas in her car for?

I also can't see how all that walking is worth it for a few cents a gallon. Over the two hours of walking, how much actual money did you save in those two tankfuls? You could have saved more if you had gassed up while already driving instead of making two special trips for it.

I understand being scatterbrained. I try to get past it by building habits- which makes things worse if something changes that pulls me out of my habit. If I know I'm going to have trouble remembering something I place a sticky note on my steering wheel before I get out of the car. At work I'll tape my car key to something if I need to bring it home, and we also use a grocery list app that helps tons. We can both put things on it, and a quick text saying to check a list is a lot better than telling me five things over the phone while I'm trying to do something else.

My tank is nominally 10.6 gallons. I told my UltraGauge that it's 10.1, and I go by its fuel remaining number without being scared of zero. A reserve is important. Two times I "ran out of gas" on hills because the pump wasn't at the bottom of the tank any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%