View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 03:11 PM   #5666 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,221 Times in 4,648 Posts
links

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
Well, at least you are not calling him names today. Do you have any links to anything that you feel explains things better?
I also highly recommend the "Our Renewable Future" book that is available free online.
Our Renewable Future
I don't.And my notes are at home.Sorry!
What I recall though,is that through the lecture,things he said triggered a realization that Nate was exhibiting what Donald Rumsfeld referred to as 'unknown-unknowns,' leaving the impression that he didn't know what he didn't know,but spoke with an authority,as if he did.
This is not a criticism,just an observation.(I'm in the middle of watching a 2016,24-lecture series on energy,by The GREAT COURSES,and am also experiencing the same thing with Michael Wysession, PhD,Petroleum Seismology,Washington University,St. Louis, doing that series).
The world is so complex that it's hard to be a Renaissance Man,with total command of all topics.
I'm okay with most of what he presented,but there were a few things that are critical for the viewers to understand, that he could have done a better job with,had he known.