Thread: Shavingcrete
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 02:25 PM   #78 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Tangent warning!

I check for full-time jobs almost every day. I look first in the Show Low area, but then around Phoenix. I found an opening in Maricopa, about forty minutes from anywhere of consequence, including my sister's current house, compared to over three hours from lovely, green, and cool Show Low.

I had a client in Maricopa for a while, I only stopped seeing them because I moved for my last job, which was a disaster, and I am concerned that moving for a job will fall again.

I drove to Show Low every weekend while I was in Page, but Mom's health has gotten progressively worse since then.

The job may have the highest SLPA pay that I have seen, and despite the friend currently moving to Maricopa saying rent is high, my sister says it is low.

I should be able to rent a house comparable to her current one, although lots are about half as big, and landscaped logically--desert.

I would hate to take Mom from a nice and green place to a house decorated with gravel while we see if the job works out and figure out what to do with the old house.

I had been looking into greenhouses and I think that installing one of those and putting in a nice garden would help.

Don't greenhouses keep plants warm?

Would these 4' x 8' sheets be a good starting point?
https://www.growerssupply.com/farm/s...08_116049.html

They are $69.30 each, plus shipping.

The last time that I saw a good-paying opening it filled before I was able to finish my application, and just because I apply does not mean that I am interviewed, let alone offered a job, but I want to plan ahead the best that I can.