Thread: Shavingcrete
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 04:08 PM   #80 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I watched that recently! I do not think that I have found anywhere to purchase Zip-R, but I thought that having it on the outside, with standard insulation inside, would make sense, but I still want to check out those 3.5-inch R-26 panels!

People always say "It wouldn't hurt to try!" I guess that applies to people lowballing my brother-in-law's motorcycle, but he seems to be hurting their feelings when he gives them a definite "No." Just a couple of says ago someone asked why I didn't bother with grad school.

Bother?!

I am on an indefinite plan to get in!

As I have said before, if I get a full-time job (or even just maintain at least twenty hours a week), I can apply to NAU's summers-only program.

Baylor is opening an on-line SLP program, so I told my friend that went to grad school there about a new on-line grad school out of Waco.

He asked if McLennan Community College was now doing grad school. Apparently he assessed that to be more my speed.

He also talked about how difficult it is to get into there and to finance it. I did the math on paying off student loans after graduating.

It looked like the ROI for a teacher earning a Master's. You spent $30,000 to earn an extra $1,500 a year...

However, this is the first year, and supposedly it is easier to get into brand-new programs. Also, they have a Yellow Ribbon program, so my GI bill should cover tuition.

Would it hurt to apply? Kind of. The application fee is $50 and it is a long process. The last time that I tried to apply for a job they required letters of recommendation from my current and last two supervisor. None of them responded.

Baylor does not want professional recommendations, they want to hear from your professors.

I did not have difficulty understanding the material, just remembering. That required more time and energy, not direct attention from my professor, so it sucks to be me for being able to figure out stuff on my own?

I have also read that you need to volunteer to help your professors with their projects.

Who has time for that?!

All right, my sister is kicking me out of the guest house, I will tell you stories later.

[yay]