View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 02:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
beatr911
Master EcoModder

B2300 - '96 Mazda B2300 SE

Focus - '05 Ford Focus ST

The red car - '00 Honda Insight
Agreed. I don't understand why some people use a truck primarily as a commuter and rarely as a hauler. Depending on the load capacity required, a light 2000lb capacity trailer can be pulled quite nicely fully loaded by a smaller car. On saturday we used a dialed in 240SX for autocross or track days, then hook up the trailer and pull 2 yards of yard bark home on sunday.

I commute in my truck about 3 months a year when it's freezing in the morning and too scketchy for riding the motorcycle. Otherwise the truck is strictly for haul mode. When the landscaping on our new house is complete and the need for a truck is less, I'm going back to a fun to drive small car and the light utility trailer, oh and the motorcycle.

For fun and aerodynamic profit, google "aerodynamic pickup". Fluent has a nice image of the aerodynamics of a pickup that show the pressures and flows. Good information for cleaning up a truck. I'd post the pic but the file is too large and I'm not savvy enough to figure out else to get it on this post.

Regards