View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 11:51 AM   #91 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Thinking about this more, the lawsuit by surviving family members is absurd.

Lets grant them the compensation for their loss, which should generously be placed at $1, since the guy actually has negative value to society.

Now they are open to counter-suit, which is having produced a member of society that is violent and uncontrolled. The value to society to not have such a member is probably several million dollars, if not tens of millions of dollars.

These despicable family members should slink away into darkness if they had any capability of feeling shame. A parent's primary job is to produce well-adjusted and responsible children that are liked by their peers. This is evidence that they failed miserably at the job that was most important for them to be successful at, and which they voluntarily chose when they made the decision to procreate.

If I were a judge, I'd tell the family members it's reprehensible that they created such a terrible person, and that I would graciously allow them to leave the court without further admonishment or punishment.

I don't even like the concept of monetary compensation of "survivors" for the loss of someone. It cheapens the human value and doesn't actually repair the damage because the damage was the loss of an individual, not money.

Likewise there's no end to who would be owed compensation. If I was a very good friend with someone that was murdered, should I be compensated for the pain and suffering, plus the lost moments we would have shared throughout the rest of our natural lives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
I don't think they were in some distance, but more like in a body to body fight, and he got the gun and shot hin fast. If he was already dominated, and stand, then 3 shot in the back would be a execution.

Anyway in the case of a true execution, seconds after you watch the guy shoot some family members... for me it's not a big crime, since you would have a fair reason to be in high rage.
...and that's why the benefit of the doubt is given to the Police in the US.

I don't like that anyone was shot, but it's a miracle it was stopped, even if it ended tragically.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 05-02-2019 at 11:58 AM..