View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 04:41 PM   #443 (permalink)
hayden55
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
Thinking on it now I honestly think the next 25 years will shift towards hybrids and not EVs. Still quite a bit too spendy over the base hybrid models to save a couple bucks a month and have to deal with owning an EV plus the winter capacity loss in the rust belt, and the new Hybrids are just as clean as the EVs from what I've seen or cleaner if you're given area mostly uses coal for power generation. PHEV could go somewhere. But I really cannot justify the cost of a phev over a standard hybrid, and besides the cool factory of it I think the majority of the public will fill the same way after the novelty wears off. Especially now that a lot of these expensive models are finding their sales dropping, and people aren't going out to buy new cars like they used to even though you can basically mortgage a car now for ten years. lol At least until battery prices drop. I think the Ioniq PHEV is only 15-20% more and will save the average driver $100/yr that a little sad math. But MAN... the EV's have horrible depreciation. Thats a pretty bad sign of consumer adoption rates. (Besides Tesla since its like the iPhone of Cars right now. Gotta get ya one and post it on the gram if you cool. )

Last edited by hayden55; 05-02-2019 at 04:52 PM..