View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 11:44 AM   #131 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Has anyone watched "End Game," "Shazam" [or anything else)

Not this one:

I thought that I shared this already. Please excuse me if I did:

I tried to watch "End Game," but it sold out up here well ahead of time. I talked to my nephew about watching "Shazam," but then he went full angsty teenager and was sent to his room. A cute friend of the family was supposed to watch my niece so he could watch it with his parents, but he did not want to see it without watching "Captain Marvel" first. Eventually my sister agreed to take him Monday night, even though it would keep them up late.

According to IMDB:
Quote:
Budget:$356,000,000 (estimated)
Opening Weekend USA: $357,115,007, 28 April 2019
So, they made about a million dollars in the U.S. opening weekend and everything since has been profit.

The woman that I am dating talked about watching "End Game" the weekend before last, but she had asked me to make sure she studied, so when she asked if I was available to meet up, I asked how much she had studied recently, and she called me dumb, so we did not talk for a week until she apologized.

She drove three hours to say "Sorry, but it really irritated me when you..."

So, she insults as well as she apologizes...

Meanwhile, I am still trying to get my second letter of recommendation for the full-time job that I am not sure that I want. When I accepted the job in Page my then-supervisor said "Congratulations on full-time pay!" but then my paychecks were the same size as my previous ones, on average.

I received a slight raise in 2018, but it seemed I just kept money which would have been returned. Since moving to Show Low I have averaged about $275 a month less than I earned in 2017.

The position in Maricopa would pay at least $5,000 more than my last school job before taxes and I would finally be able to apply to NAU's summers-only program. There is a chance that I did not get in before because I started working on it too late.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Endgame-movie-cover.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	25847