View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 09:36 AM   #233 (permalink)
NoD~
Master EcoModder

Frogger - '00 Honda Insight Gas Only (unHybrid)
90 day: 68.51 mpg (US)
I can't believe how much better these tires are...

They aren't broken in yet and I've read many times that tires get better after a few hundred miles (or whatever). Still got the nubs all over these things even! But still... from my old tires, it's pretty well blowing my mind how much more coasting I can get away with! Where I'd usually have to bump up to 20+mph for my last leg of my trip to work to just coast into my spot, I'm coming around the corner with no bumping up (I believe I got away with around 17mph) and coasting into my usual spot with headroom still!

It will take some getting used to on these tires. I'm still trying to figure out how much less I need to coast. Also, there's a hill I climb in lean burn that I usually start around 30mph and push it to the very limit of 4th gear, holding around 70-75mpg and usually end up at the top around 27-28MPH. I'm starting at the same MPH, doing 80-85mpg, and still coming in around 28-29MPH! So yeah, lots of learning required with these awesome new tires.

All this to say: Those who doubt these tires can take my word on this! They are definitely worth the upgrade from whatever you got on there now!

Coming up next: Tiny solar array in useless part of rear window to power a couple of fans to keep this baby cool when parked this summer! (Had the parts from about 2 years ago now, finally putting it together!)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoD~ For This Useful Post:
fusion210 (05-13-2019), samwichse (06-13-2019)