View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 01:35 PM   #70 (permalink)
NeilBlanchard
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
Friday I rode my PEBL almost 57 miles, and then on Sunday I rode it about 36 miles. This was one trip - I needed to make a stop to buy things to bring with me, so that was why the trip out was longer.

I also had an issue with Google Maps for bicycles - one section of the route was along a power line right-of-way, that may or may not have been an official bike path. But it was not something I felt confident riding my PEBL on.
Google Maps indicated that the total elevation climb for the 36 mile leg was over 1700 feet, and the total elevation drop was about 110 feet.

On the 57 mile leg, I exclusively stayed in the standard power mode, and I started with 54.2V and ended with about 46.1V. It took about 4:45 to complete this leg, including the 10-15 minute to shop, and talk to someone very interested in the PEBL.

On the 36 mile leg, I used the high power mode all the time, except when I was on a bike trail. I started with over 54V and ended with a bit over 47V. The elevation net change was about a 520 foot drop, on my return trip. This leg only took a bit over 2 hours.

I weigh about 240 pounds, and I had about 40 pounds of stuff - sleeping bag, extra clothing and boots, food (for the weekend) and water.

It was raining most of the leg out, and part of the leg back. I spoke with at least 6 people about the PEBL along the way.

I have the largest available battery for the PEBL, which is 64Ah. At the nominal 48V, that is 3kWh.

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/