View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 01:48 PM   #44 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,393 Times in 3,366 Posts
Our wandering OT is at least as inappropriate as petitioning a moderator to keep a thread on topic. Despite that, I'm always willing to discuss something of interest.

I don't have enough details about your sister's bid to have an opinion, other than what you say is a rage quit. I've not bought plenty of things because I didn't think the price was reasonable, and I've commented as such. That isn't rage, that's just discontinuing participation in an unwinnable game (a game in which both parties should win).

I'm in contract on a house right now, negotiated my previous house, and had rental property in OK too. I've got experience in negotiating in general, which isn't fundamentally different than negotiating real estate purchase contracts.

The only thing I take pride in is reducing my emotional attachment to anything I don't yet own. Being willing to walk away is the most important trait of negotiation as either a buyer or a seller.

If a house sold for more than the VA appraiser estimate, they were clearly wrong about their valuation. A valuation is a best approximation of value, but is not value itself. Value is established at the time and place of sale, and that is the only time the exact value is established. Any other valuation is merely an approximation.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!