View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 04:07 PM   #76 (permalink)
teoman
Master EcoModder

A3 - '12 Audi A3
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I gave my privacy away long ago. Advertising is very ineffective on me, and perhaps counterproductive when I identify the method of manipulation.

I'm willing to trade privacy for knowledge and entertainment, perhaps mostly because I have yet to have a negative consequence of doing so.
That is very valid for you and now... but it is registered for ever.

For us living in other parts of the world, facebook, youtube, watsap etc are reasons for serious concearn. Because they are well known the govt might ask for your activity report.

The report will be reviewed by an official (who is most likely to be a complete ****tard, in my case I can only wish IT will be a ****tard). And then all bets are off.

I have inquired the price of depleted uranium for its density. (Imagine you want a low profile cam shaft or a balace shaft). I have wiewed several videos on amateur rocketry...

Imagine what an ignorant person out of context might conjure up from those views alone...

Imagine what IT might do 10-20-30-40-50 years from now (provided you-your grand children-your grand grand children have something of value / need to be removed)

In the united states of murrica you ar blissfully living the initial phases of idiocracy (nothing wrong with that if you think of yourself and your children but not your grand children and further generations). But when the going gets tough, an algorithm may decide that liquefying your assets is the best outcome for the people.

In my country, things are very different. The dude saw that we had a significant military budget, then decided that he would enjoy a slice of that pie. He used email, chat and various platforms as evidence and liquefied the entire army an leached all of its funds.

At my uni I have several students from military academies. Who hate being there, but their only options were to become a 20 year old primary school graduate or continue studies as an engineering student at uni instead of becoming a helicopter pilot.

The NSA and the internet is really scary stuff if you are not at the end of your life.

Ps: depleted uranium is 19 kg/l vs 13kg/l for lead and my russian vendor on skype quoted me 200+ usd / kg on skype.

Last edited by teoman; 05-22-2019 at 04:13 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to teoman For This Useful Post:
Joggernot (05-23-2019)