View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 10:24 PM   #68 (permalink)
HHOTDI
Rapturee

Sippy2 - '15 Honda NC700XD DCT
90 day: 59.51 mpg (US)

Shorty - '02 Ford F150 XL
Vacation

So i recently returned from a wonderful 9 day solo motorcycle vacation that took me through 6 states and 2600+ miles! I passed through Idaho, Montana, Utah, Colorado, New Mex, Arizona and back! I travelled from about 700' elevation clear up to 11,017' and everything in between, I also saw weather from 28f-85f that included rain, hail and snow. Being my first solo extended mile trip, i should not have packed half of my dresser nor should i have taken all of it with me. Lesson learned!

I had so much gear with me on the bike that i was an aero nightmare for sure. I also should have replaced my 39T rear sprocket with the 43T before i left to compensate for the extra load and added aero parasites! Consequently, i had to downshift 2 gears to pull most of the mountain passes. I also bucked a lot of head/cross winds through many of those miles, amazingly i felt i just couldn't catch a break with the wind.

Even with all of that gear, pulling all of those hills, fighting all of that wind through the majority of those miles, i still maintained a trip average of 62mpg!

Fantastic trip and i am already looking forward to and planning the next one!
:{)

Here is a shot of the load i was talking about, although i was pretty darn comfortable those 9 days i'll admit!

Here is a shot of the Hacienda Deluxe'. I so enjoy that Cot/Tent and just hate sleeping on the ground that many days. :{)