View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 02:23 PM   #106 (permalink)
Fat Charlie
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Military aren't police.

It's a good thing that Brazil applies military justice to its soldiers. Those soldiers weren't standing on that street for their health, they were ordered there. They were working. As soldiers. Unless they violated their orders or unit SOPs, they did nothing wrong- the wrong lies with their commanders or with the politicians who sent them there.

Remember when Obama pulled the US out of Iraq? It wasn't his idea, the SOFA (Status Of Forces Agreement) had expired. The previous year, the Bush Administration and the Iraqi government could not agree on a new SOFA- the Iraqis wanted US personnel to be subject to Iraqi law, and the US would not agree- so the two governments agreed to disagree and the US made plans to pull out before the current SOFA ran out. The Iraqis got tired of shootings that didn't result in prosecutions and wanted their own system to get involved. Me? SSG Fat Charlie never would have gone outside the berm if that kind of SOFA were in place, and may just not have gone at all: don't deploy me somewhere and make me worry about local laws. I didn't go their for fun, I was just working as part of my unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

The Following User Says Thank You to Fat Charlie For This Useful Post:
RedDevil (06-03-2019)