View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 11:35 AM   #46 (permalink)
aardvarcus
Master EcoModder

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
Shaneajanderson,
Thank you for the suggestion, I am not sure that I would want to use a bedcover as part of my cargo area conversion. I do have a hard tri-folding cover on my heavy hauling/towing truck, they are great!

Ennored,
Thank you for the suggestions. I think the Magnum RT is the closest to working I have seen thus far, but isn’t quite what I was imagining. I am starting to think that exactly what I am looking for doesn’t exist. (Bigger version of a 2000's celica hatchback.)

2000mc,
The Aztec isn’t a bad suggestion, the two part with the upper being mostly glass would be nice if I converted the suburban to a step side tailgate.

Slowmover,
Thanks, I appreciate your feedback. I realize I have not posted a complete explanation as to why I chose to do what I am doing to the vehicle in question (largely because I don’t think anyone would read it nor would I expect others to draw my same conclusions) so I am not surprised the starting off point for this build to be questioned. I realize using it for what I have suggested is rather obscure. However the vehicle has been and will continue to be used up to its capabilities on a fairly regular basis. Things change and I don’t know that I would start this exact project over again if I had it to do over again, however it is what it is at this point and I intend to press forward with completing this project which I have started.
I would rather not need to rely on a trailer for the drag coefficient I wish to achieve, as I also plan to tow with this vehicle. It is also much more handy and maneuverable without a trailer.

Vman455,
Yes, a big part of this is for hobby/fun. I enjoy the challenge of doing something others are not doing.
The Following User Says Thank You to aardvarcus For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-05-2019)