View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 01:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
CivicOfKnight
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for the reply. To clarify I have a Canada ECU (P07-C00) that, to my knowledge, is functionally the same as the Federal ECU. I’m running that ECU along with a homemade harness with a NTK 5 wire wide band O2 sensor. Once I’m past the 5 post limit I’ll post the link I followed because it’s pretty good and very detailed.

I do feel mine is excessive. Unfortunately I don’t know anyone that has owned a lean burn vehicle like mine so I can’t get anyone to test drive it. I’d be less concerned if I could at least maintain speeds. For example, If I try to maintain 55 I’ll quickly drop down so I’ll try to compensate only to have the engine sputter for a bit further dropping my speed before it suddenly surges back to life and I’ll gain speed well faster than I intend to. Then it’s a bit of back and forth from there... so maintaining 55 is more like bouncing between 50 and 60 constantly.

I saw that link and used it to clean my EGR. It looks brand new now. Early in that link he mentions he cleaned the passages themselves which would be on the intake manifold. From what I’ve found, the Civics after 96 had EGR passages on the intake manifold that were easily accessible. On my intake manifold there are 5 or so small spots that look like “welded caps” on the top of the intake just to the right of the EGR valve. I’ve seen people talking about how they drilled and either tapped those out or made caps for them, but I’ve found no good forums detailing the process.

Worst case scenario... I have two air intakes now so I could give it a shot and if I fail then at least I have another? �� if i do I’ll be sure to post about it.