View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 01:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Our nation electric code has guidelines for installing evse circuits.
In the US large numbers of public charging stations grouped together normally use 208v.
Then the chargers can be limited to anything from 6 amps all the way to 24 amps for a normal affordable j1772 charge setup.
I'm interesting in the 'Then the chargers can be limited to anything ...' part. Is that a manual setting on each charger, or can I install a supervisory controller that talks to these units ... or perhaps there is some other way?

There is presently one model X, a couple of chevy Volts, one Mitsubishi outlander ... I think that about does it for the parking lot survey.

I'd like to think that things will be getting better in the near future. One or two stalls that can give you enough juice to get home if you are only at work for a couple of hours (over-time call-out) would be nice. For the rest of them, I agree for now.

If 'this is important, for some reason, right now' and I have the budget to 'do it better', or have a plan to make it better later but I need to bury a bigger cable ... or whatever boundary condition will limit options ... Well, I'll go as far as I can with the budget I'm given.

Sounds like fast chargers are kinda non-standard. I'll contact the vendors directly and see what they say. I like to have SOME info before I go there