View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 11:10 AM   #187 (permalink)
NoD~
Master EcoModder

Frogger - '00 Honda Insight Gas Only (unHybrid)
90 day: 68.51 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg_numbers_guy View Post
Replaced the front speakers with Polk DB652s. Sound much better than the stock speakers. I think they're great, but of course audio quality is a highly subjective thing. Will replace the rear speakers with DB652s as well when I rebuild the rear post-IMA delete.
I think those are the same speakers I have. Great for the money! That said, here's what I suggest...

Ditch the rear speakers. They won't really add much. Instead, use your rear outputs to get a pair of tweets on your dash. It raises the sound state by quite a bit and adds some of the high end lost from the off-axis of the floor speakers (and gives you more high end when you have a passenger or stuff in the way of the speaker). This is what I did.

With that in mind, you do have to protect the tweeter with a high pass crossover. My deck (Kenwood) actually has that built in, so I programmed mine to highpass at I think around 6 or 8 Khz. The lower, the better... but it depends on your tweets. Mine are some cheap OEM ones I had laying around so I can't pass them very low without blowing them (thankfully, I had a box of 100 of them to experiment with...) Otherwise, you'll have to buy or build a crossover (unless it comes with whatever tweeter).

Anywho, just my suggestion. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to NoD~ For This Useful Post:
mpg_numbers_guy (06-06-2019)