View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 07:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
turbothrush
EcoModding Apprentice

2 x wrecked vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
Team Honda
90 day: 62 mpg (US)
I’ve got 2 vx civics and over the years I have found that some 5 wire wideband O2 sensors are just smoother going into leanburn than others. I have one O2 that is really rough so I keep it as a spare. Once in leanburn they all seam to give the same mpg as per the mpGuino.

Regarding the egr. Pretty sure it’s for emissions not mpg. Just make sure it’s not leaking and not suck in the open position. The vx only uses egr over 2500 rpm when accelerating quickly then changing gears.At least thats how both my cars work..If you have an emissions test you may need it to pass.

If they are still available you could look at getting a MPGuino.. Should be able to hold leanburn down to 43mpg in 5th gear . When it drops out of leanburn in 5th it will go to 27 mpg almost instantly and at the same time you get that extra acceleration and power . This can be used to tell you that the leanburn is working as it should.

I think all the vx civics were built in Canada. I didn’t know that the ones sold in the U.S. had a different ecu from the Canadian vx. Hope some of this is helpful. Good luck!