View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 12:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
CivicOfKnight
EcoModding Lurker

Hello everyone! Just a small update. Went ahead and cut into those weld today. I can definitely see how those little ports can clog up super easy. I went ahead and cleared off the welded caps of my newer cleaner intake and these are relatively clean. I’d be shocked if my original intake manifold had these passages clear. Here’s a shot of what it looks like. There’s no real easy way to get tools in there and the welds are very well done so each cap has taken me awhile. I tried using a dremel but my cut off discs weren’t working very well against the welds so I switched to a small angle grinder and the welds are no match. I’ll be cleaning them up with the dremel sander bits afterwards but so far they don’t look TOO bad. The small section where the cap sits doesn’t look the best for tapping.. so I might drill it out some more so I have more material to tap.
Getting a tiny bit late for power tools so I’ll be doing some cleaning and hopefully finishing it tomorrow. If I get the chance I’ll cut into my original manifold and check out those ports.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	931EFD2A-E1EE-4EDC-B312-9C3A0C6E5F57.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	26127