View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 12:43 AM   #22 (permalink)
vskid3
Master EcoModder

Civic DX (sold) - '97 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 34.15 mpg (US)

GTO (sold) - '04 Pontiac GTO
90 day: 22.62 mpg (US)

Green Brick (sold) - '06 Ford Escape Hybrid
90 day: 31.93 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Let it be known that I hereby bestow upon Vskid3 the Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Trying award!

My efforts haven't all been for naught, one of my brothers was looking for a car a couple months ago and ended up with a 2005 Accord hybrid. They're not the hybridiest of hybrids, but he's getting about 30mpg out of it. A selling point for him was the car still being able to run if the IMA battery dies (I believe his was replaced a few years ago). He doesn't have emissions testing where he lives, so the check engine light wouldn't be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg_numbers_guy View Post
Should've gotten a Sienna, capable of 30 MPG highway lol!
Minivans were a no, even the mini-minivan Mazda 5. Oh well, not my money.

Back to the Prius' poor sales, I think its biggest problem is that it no longer holds the monopoly on high efficiency. When you're just about the only 4 door car that'll get 50mpg, people can look past shortcomings like being slow or ugly. Now pretty much every EV is cheaper to drive and some small crossovers like the RAV4 hybrid are getting MPGs in the same ballpark. Factor in that complaining is the only thing most people want to do about how much it costs them to drive, and the Prius doesn't stand a chance.

Camry Thread
E-Bike Thread