View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 01:47 PM   #236 (permalink)
NoD~
Master EcoModder

Frogger - '00 Honda Insight Gas Only (unHybrid)
90 day: 68.51 mpg (US)
I've proto-type printed my cold/hot air changer. Basically, it lets me pick between hot and cold (or somewhere in between) air. The hot is piped near the cat (need to take off the heat shield and rivet on a flange or something to connect the pipe... lays next to it for the time being) and the cold air is the stock intake pipe hacked up, along with some other piping I had laying around, to pull air in from the driver's side front bumper corner, in front of the tire (closest to "cold air" I could get).

The reason for this setup is because I've had issues climbing steep mountain passes where my intake temps rocket well past 160*F where I need the power to get up it! So this will hopefully help me in those situations.

The printing is in PLA Pro and I don't know how it'll respond to the high temps off the cat. Ultimately, I'll probably do a different design all together, but for today, this works. And yes, plenty of duct-tape involved (but at least it's the Gorilla brand, which is actually well worth the money if you haven't used it before!)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190613_101844.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	26173   Click image for larger version

Name:	changer1.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	26177   Click image for larger version

Name:	changer2.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	26178  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoD~ For This Useful Post:
Daox (06-13-2019), mpg_numbers_guy (06-13-2019)