View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 07:28 AM   #6026 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 47.72 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
RedDevil — What do you know about that stent procedure? When they took a look at my heart they went in through a vein in my right wrist.

Do you know if the stent was inflated with a bladder, or was it made from nitinol? Because that is being developed for a future Mars rover.

Of course since you can see through them, they'll show up on low-riders and ricers with lights inside.
The stent went through the right wrist too, right after they took a look. It is made of a polymer, pulled tight to the rod when inserted, but tries to jump out to a centimeter wide tube (about) when released. The stent, even initially, was yet wider than my vein. Just to prevent you from ever relaxing your diet and exercise! It still hurts 5 days on...
It was the only real pain though. Didn't feel a thing in my heart. One past the elbow the vein is wider and all bad things end.

After the stent was put in place it was pushed firm against the artery with a balloon (see PCI), opening up the passage.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 06-18-2019 at 10:04 AM..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedDevil For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-19-2019), freebeard (06-18-2019)