View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 06:28 PM   #31 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Looks like a good project car: marque, aero test results, and motivated owner.

I’d sure have a hard time complaining about the gearing or engine power (my 7,940-lb/3,573-kg pickup is almost dead slow driven for economy; in sig. TQ peak at 1,200 and HP at 2,700-rpm) as I see diesel-powered vehicles as being totally out of the water in anything but steady-state driving.

I can also see it not being popular.

That said, it appeals to me. A good deal.

These days on the road the smallest car I see regularly is the Ghetto Queen Kia Soul (successor to ‘90s “Ghetto Duke” Pontiac Grand Am, later “Ghetto Princess” Chevrolet HHR, and THE GHETTO KING, the Chrysler PT Cruiser) and virtually everyone is running 67-mph/107-kpm or higher. This is all across the USA (I’m a truck driver). I guess this thing could handle slowing/accelerating for construction, etc, and climbing signed grades.

I think I’d enjoy owning it. Especially telling others, “I have an Audi” (a prestige car. My doctor has an A7, and my son is lusting after a 6).

I’d just slowly wind ‘em on out till at cruising altitude. Irritate all the Kia and pickup drivers to no end. Tell ‘em I fill up once a month or so. That is, if I remember.

Hope you have some fun with it.