View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 12:46 PM   #6061 (permalink)
NeilBlanchard
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneajanderson View Post
I've heard a number of climate change alarmists make exactly that claim, or that it has an 'insignificant' impact on our climate.

Someone in this thread even I believe said the sun has less than 5% impact on our climate.

The idea is nonsense on its face, as virtually 100% of the energy driving our climate is solar in origin, the little bit of heat coming from the Earth's core is quite minimal compared to that, else Mars would be a green paradise just as Earth is.
You have "heard people" say this? Who?

I think you are misunderstanding what we know: of course the sun has an effect - it is the main source of heat. But it is not DRIVING the increased warming. The sun's output is actually LESS than expected. So, it is in fact human activity that is driving the increased warming we are seeing.

We did see a brief period of cooling - from particulate pollution. We then started to reduce our production of that pollution - so the cooling trend stopped.

You seem to think that scientists don't know what they are talking about - but until you know all the facts, you are simply guessing. Scientists do not guess.

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to NeilBlanchard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-26-2019)