Thread: OBD2 question
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 06:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
joffa
EcoModding Lurker

Hi, I bought a SG2 (here in Australia) and thought it would be fine on my 2004 Subaru Impreza RX

WRONG!!!!!!

For some reason, which i cant seem to find out (yet) is that some Impreza's are not compatible. Other models before 2004 and after are OK though!! strange!!! I was soooo p'd off about it, as the SG2 is a little gem.
I am now in the search for not only the reasons it will not fit on 2004 model. but maybe there is other devices around that will.

It's all to do with what protocols are used in the factory ECU and SG2 has a list to choose from in the setup but ISO (I think the ones Impreza needs is ISO - 9141-2) I think is the one, but not 100% sure on this, is not the right one as it just does not connect to the ECU for data although it powers up and and you can navigate through the menu's it just will not connect.

I have a theory about what mode the ECU is locked into, say after a service and a scan check tool in the service garage may be able to tell me if the ECU is in a non scan mode or it may be locked in a closed mode?? thjese are just some theories I have

Anyway this is my first post here and it looks so COOOL

Joffa

Australia